Monday, June 22, 2009

Grandma's Basket of Flowers

Here was my attempt to hand applique these tiny pieces. It just wasn't working for me at all.



Here is my machine appliqued block and although it isn't perfect I sure like it better.
So much for my summer "hand" project! As long as the weather stays cool I'll keep plugging away at hand quilting my DJ quilt.
P.S. Someone left a comment about the starch method. You were on "no reply" so I could not contact you and let you know I'd like to know more about it.

2 comments:

  1. Give it another go! Your hand applique is not as bad as you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with your hand applique, Lori. Were you trying to needleturn? I failed at needleturn so I use the spray starch and freezer paper method. If you're interested I can give you a few links to some great tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!